2008-04-23

Easy Cucumber Soup

This soup is very easy to make and requires minimal effort and time. It can be devoured alone or with seed crackers. You could also eat it along side a nice greens salad. I made it yesterday, and because of the lemon juice, any left overs can be kept and enjoyed the next day as well.

I tossed the ingredients into my vitamix without peeling the cucumber. Because the vitamix liquifies everything, peels can be left on. If you are using a regular blender, you may want to peel the cucumber.

Recipe:
from Alissa Cohen's book: Living on Live Food

1 Avocado
1 Cucumber
4 tbs Dill
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Salt
** 1/4tsp to 1/2tsp Onion Powder

**I felt inspired to add a bit of onion powder, however this is optional. Unfortunately, I did not measure that amount that I put in so I had to guess. If you feel intrigued to put onion powder, I would recommend starting out with 1/4tsp and adapt to your own preferred taste.



-heather

No comments: